TopHeader

Virtue Follow us on Twitter Join us in Facebook Leave a Note Style Marriage Faith Life

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

BBQ Chicken Pizza! Just for fun!

Yesterday when my sister-in-law called to ask for my BBQ chicken pizza recipe, I was delighted to give it to her. I was on my way out the door to have lunch with my husband, but as I thought about the ingredients, I found myself craving one myself.

So a full day later, I made one and boy was it yummy! Now I'm not a very domestic or DIY person (currently working on that) so this may be the only food post I do but it's so yummy I had to share. So without further Ado, here's what you'll need:




Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts (diced)
1/3 red onion (diced)
1 Roll of pizza dough (regular or thick crust)
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (pour to desire)
1 bag of Mozzarella Cheese
1 bag of Cheddar Cheese
Olive Oil
Cookie Sheet

Directions:
1. Start by preheating your oven to 425.

2. Next, cut your chicken into small pieces. (You may need to break them down further while they're in the pan). Using a skillet, pour in some olive oil so the chicken doesn't get stuck to the pan. (You can substitute butter if olive oil isn't available). Season your chicken to taste but make sure you don't cook it all the way through. Once you put it in the oven it will continue to cook; if you hammer it before hand, chances are your chicken is going to be quite rubbery. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.

2. Spray your cookie sheet with a non-stick agent and then roll your pizza dough onto it. I like to keep mine in the shape it comes out of the tube so I'm not fighting with it. You can get creative if you'd like. Once you've accomplished that, spread on your BBQ sauce to your preferred consistency.

3. The next step is to add your other ingredients. I start with the cheddar cheese and spread it from corner to corner. Once I like the coverage, I do the same thing with mozzarella. Following the cheese, I add the diced chicken  and then the diced red onions. (Feel free to add any other garnishments or veggies as well. My husband likes to add bacon).

4. Bake for twelve minutes (or until it reaches desired brownness. I'm not sure that's a word).

5. Enjoy!!!!


2 comments:

  1. This looks great! :) May have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, this looks delicious. No wonder she called ya for the recipe. hehe. I love how you give such good instructions too. I would definitely try this

    xoDale

    ReplyDelete