TopHeader

Virtue Follow us on Twitter Join us in Facebook Leave a Note Style Marriage Faith Life

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Asian themed birthday party!!

Hey everyone!


In honor of Tuesdays, the day of the week that seems to just "be," I've decided to do a feature called "Random Tuesdays." Usually I take a break from writing and creating on Tuesdays but there's so much I want to share I figured why not? 



So on Tuesdays, you'll be able to find one of the following features:
1. Home and party Decor
2. DIY projects
3. "Oh the places we will go." -Travel and destinations or
4. Whatever else has inspired me. : )


For my first "RT" I decided to share pictures from my Asian themed birthday party. I wanted fun, vibrant, girly colors so I went with a bright pink accented by golds and yellows. 


The menu included:
Appetizers:
1. Dumplings
2. Chicken eggrolls
3. Spring rolls
4. Pork eggrolls


Main Course: (which I made from scratch for all 17 guests : ))
1. House fried rice
2. Mongolian Chicken
3. Jasmine Rice
4. Teriyaki glazed chicken skewers


Desert: 
1. Blackout Cake from The Cheesecake Factory



Enjoy the decor!





Sorry the photos are a little grainy. I was so busy I forgot to take photos. 
Good thing my guests came to the rescue!

Have a wonderful day!




17 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds like an amazing menu!! The tablescape is super fun and cute too!

    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ly, thank you! All the food was great. I seriously never made that amount of Asian food at once so it was a real challenge. I was super relieved that all the guests enjoyed every bite. : )

      Delete
  2. Wow! Sounds like an amazing party!!! Love the decor!!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a lot of fun. I'm happy my husband talked me into it. I'm not a big birthday party girl.

      Delete
  3. I love the table! It looks fabulous. Hope you had an amazing time!

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I really did. It was supposed to last two hours but went for like six. : )

      Delete
  4. absolutely B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

    http://www.yuliconversations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled across your blog and it's lovely! I like the idea of random Tuesdays! I'll keep checking back!

    I just posted pics of the details from my bridal shower/bachelorette, come by and check out Everything Pretty if ya get a chance!

    xo
    Venessa
    http://www.everything-pretty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Venessa! Love the spelling of your name. Very unique! I'll be sure to stop by. : )

      Delete
  6. I'm here as typeface patrol, and you've passed with flying flags! I like your page, it looks great! :D

    www.houseofhemingway.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I celebrate the good ideas i find here every time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. first, how am I only just now following you. Crazy. Second, adore this post. The decor is FABULOUS. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey doll! Thank you so much. When I saw your post I was like OMG it's Anna. I'm glad you liked it. : )

      Delete
  9. that cake looks incredible!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete