TopHeader

Virtue Follow us on Twitter Join us in Facebook Leave a Note Style Marriage Faith Life

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

All things are possible

Source
If you've been around the "Virtue" site a while, you've probably noticed my absence and lack of socializing. 

I must say, I'm truly sorry.

About three weeks ago I found out devastating news at one of my check-ups that totally screwed up my head space. 

As I set in the doctor's office, I was told that I had placenta previa. A condition where the baby's placenta is too low. Now that's not that terrible in and of itself, the horrible part was the next news they gave me.  I would have to have a C-section mid-May, three weeks before my due date. 

I was put directly on pelvic rest and told to take it really easy. Easy . . . Okay I can do that, but why?

The nurse continued to explain to me that because of where the placenta was located if I were to go into labor or have any sort of contractions, it was a good chance I would bleed to death. They were 90% sure of this. 


No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Wait, what?!!

There was a 90% chance that I could bleed to death if I went into labor and if I made it to 37 weeks they would cut me open?

Great.

So for a week and a half, I spent my time taking it very very easy, crying, worrying, sleeping and just overall being devastated.

It was a week into everything that God spoke to me and reminded me that He knew the plan for my life.

If I were going to have to have a C-section, maybe it was because He knew it would be better in the long run. If the placenta was going to move, maybe it was because He wanted to test my faith. (I mean there was only a 10% chance of the latter happening).


As I continued to wait for my next appointment, I decided to give it to God. He's the maker and controller of all things so He obviously knew better than me. I became comfortable in having a C-section and trusted God that all things would work out fine. 


On Friday when I went back to the doctor and had the ultrasound, they could no longer see the placenta! By the grace of God, it had moved up and out of the way, putting an end to my "danger" zone.


When they gave us the news, my husband and I were so elated. We were not expecting to hear them say that. In fact, we were ready to pick a date and decide on a course of action but God wanted to show himself faithful in such a tough situation.


In our time of trouble and distress, He wanted to let us know . . .

All things are possible for those who believe.

That promise is available for you too. God is willing and able to do all things according to His will if we will just ask and believe in Him.

He can change ANY situation.

 

 

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything is alright! God does work wonders and if people start believing all of the troubles will go away. This reminds me of the song "When you believe" from the Prince of Egypt. It's a great reminder that all things all possible if you have faith in Him. Nice post!

    XO Jojo

    www.jojosecretfashiondiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that news for you! You and your family are in my prayers and I'm praying for a happy healthy baby and a smooth delivery! Everything will work out fine, I'm sure of it!

    XO Kelley
    http://www.keepsittingpretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. He always comes at the perfect time, doesn't He? Take care of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there! soon you'll have your baby in your arms and see how this trial was all well worth it!

    Soon....soon...

    :)

    www.houseofhemingway.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! I'm so sorry you had to go through that Vonae! I am so glad you are better now and out of the danger zone!! Praying and sending positive thoughts your way!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vonae,

    I am so sorry to hear this...and elated everything turned around...Thank God. I wondered what was going on in your world, I noticed it was quiet...I will keep you in my prayers...do what you need to, take care of you...I'll be out here waiting for the next inspiring post...

    Much love,

    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a very lovely blog. I think we should follow each other - http://amyklundt.blogspot.com/.

    Much Love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awful and scary thing for you to go through. I am so happy to hear that you got good news at your last appointment! I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. Found your blog from Kelley at Keep Sitting Pretty. I love it! If you get some time today, check out my Fab Friday Beauty Tip.. added bonus, it's a perfect DIY Mother's Day gift!

    xoxo,
    Rachael
    www.rachaelkhawkins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is horrible, I'm so sorry you had to go through that, Vonae! I am glad that all is well now. Do you still have to have a C-section? I will be praying for you!

    xo,
    Ashley
    http://theleftfeelssoright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete