TopHeader

Virtue Follow us on Twitter Join us in Facebook Leave a Note Style Marriage Faith Life

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Do the possible . . .

Source
 It never ceases to amaze me how quickly life can change.

One minute, everything is going well and then the next, you receive devastating news that turns things upside down.

Sometimes it can be the lost of a job, loved one, dream, or even a well thought out plan. Whatever it is, the blow can be absolutely crushing.



As I contemplated what I wanted to write about for today's faith article, a commonly stated scripture came to mind:


 “What is impossible for people is possible with God.”
-Luke 18:27

With the launch of so many new projects and the uncertainty of the future, this was just what I needed. 


So many times we (I) try and try to make things happen without seeking God in any of it. We whine about this job, that situation, or that person, but we forget to simply do what we can do. For some reason we think we have to solve our own problems, make our own way, or just make the impossible happen when God just wants us to give it to him. 

Are you guilty of this? I know I am.


Since resigning as a teacher, I've been trying to figure out my path in life. 

Am I going to end up back in a dreadful classroom, doing the same thing six periods of the day over and over?


Am I going to end up working another job that I hate even more simply to make an income?


Or am I simply going to rot in my house, cooking, cleaning, and feeling like I failed at life?


To all of these things I can answer NO with resounding confidence because I believe God's promise to me. I believe that if I do the things that are possible, (building a site, community, writing daily, reaching out to publications, and stepping out in faith) God will do the impossible and open doors that I would have never dreamed of. You see, God is able to do whatever He wants, but sometimes He's just waiting for us to take that step; to do something!


Day by day I see this truth being fulfilled in my life as I take each step of faith. It may not be immediate, but we can never know when God is working behind the scenes on our behalf.

So I urge you, step out and do the possible!!


Apply to the job you think you're not qualified for, you never know what could happen.


Start that business you've always dreamed of.


Pick up the phone and reach out to that estranged person in your life that's been constantly on your heart.


We can never know what will come of our simple willingness to do the possible and allow God to do the impossible until we step out and do something.

8 comments:

  1. Love this post! It came at a perfect time! We can never know what will happen unless we try. Life is all about the possibilities! You just have to take the first step!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com
    ShabbyApple Gift Card Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your absolutely right Vonae! Many times people complain of their life or their job, but not many try to look for the positive and reach out for the possibilities. Just like my father said, "God is knocking at your door, let him in and he will help you along the way."

    XO Jojo

    www.jojosecretfashiondiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was wonderfully inspiring. Thank you for sharing Vonae! This definitely will stick in my mind as I try to complete goals and push through difficult times.

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey gorgeous!
    I have nominated you for a Versatile Blog Award, come check it out ;)

    xo
    http://yuliconversations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, said, Girlie. It may be a scary process.(Doing that impossible hard thing in your life. However, when we exchange our will for His will. His direction is always the best. When we allow doubt, distraction, and discouragement to dictate to us. That's we are trusting in our own might and will, and He just patiently wait for us to say, that's it, I've had enough. Even after, we have went around the same mountain (problem) a hundred times. Trust me, even after 47 years it still a daily decision to Let Go! and Let God! it sounds so simple yet it is a constant struggle to let go. Life can be like a bungee cord around your ankle. Just when you think you are going to hit rock bottom. He is faithful to raise you up and put your feet on a solid foundation. Just do it! and Let go! and ask Him to help you to LEARN how to trust Him. He's waiting.....what are you waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww this is such a pretty sign! I love the inspirational message =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    Style Cue by Suzie Q
    Check out my $50 Shabby Apple Gift card GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that quote is so true! so inspiring!

    bijou-minou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete