TopHeader

Virtue Follow us on Twitter Join us in Facebook Leave a Note Style Marriage Faith Life

Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Time for Everything . . .

"There’s an opportune time to do things, 
a right time for everything on the earth." -The MSG


Hello my beautiful friend! It is no secret that I took a break from writing. I've come to realize that there are seasons where I have a lot to say and seasons where I shouldn't say much at all. So much so, that I've come up with a personal statement that has sort of become a "mouth check," for me.

Are you wondering what it is? 

No?

Well, I'll tell you anyway.

"Speak life, or don't speak at all."

There it is.

Hence my extended time of silence. In my recent season of pregnancy with my sweet little baby Sophia, (Yes that is her giggling up above) I found it hard to navigate my word vomit and negative feelings. I spewed here, there, and unfortunately everywhere, until I decided that maybe I should just shut up for a while . . .

And shut up I did.

Doing business with God, I finally saw and embraced that my freedom isn't about me or my personal comfort. It's about the women I have been placed on this Earth to inspire, uplift and hopefully encourage on their journey. 

It's funny how God chooses to move us from one season to the next. How He takes us from a season in the wilderness (A much needed banishment sometimes) and then thrusts us back into our promised land. 

I had considered writing again, had even started a new project back in September, but for some reason, it just wasn't time.

Was it because I was crazy, angry, pregnant lady?

Maybe.

Was it because God knew I would spew words of wrath I could no longer take back once they were printed and bound?

Maybe.

Whatever the reason, I must admit in retrospect, I'm appreciative for the silence.

When the inkling came to write, (I'll call it an inkling, because it certainly wasn't a desire) God confirmed it three times in one day through three separate people. So here I sit, while my two year old and eleven week old sleep,

writing.

Trying the best I know how, to be obedient in the moments when God says, 

"It is time."

After all, delayed obedience is still disobedience. 

The best part is, I know that He wants to do the same for you. He wants to move you from a place of waiting and wondering, to a place of action. 

So I ask, what is He speaking to your heart?

Whispering, it's time.

Even more importantly, will you obey?

I hope so.

Every week, you will find an article here that I pray will be encouragement for you on your journey. Some will be excerpts from my most recent project, "More Than: Abandon Your Labels, Embrace Your Calling," while others will just be things I've learned or am currently learning. If you haven't jumped into the pages of that book, I pray that you will consider starting down the path of uncovering your purpose and stepping into your calling. 

Until next time, I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment