TopHeader

Virtue Follow us on Twitter Join us in Facebook Leave a Note Style Marriage Faith Life

Friday, January 25, 2013

A Little Domesticity . . .


This year, I'm determined to be a lot more domestic. 

For the past few years, I've been living in La La land, not wanting to do the whole housewife thing. 

I mean seriously?

  Fortunately for my husband, over the past few months, a group of my girlfriends and I have been studying Proverbs 31:10 and what it means to be a 

Virtuous woman. 

As we dived into each verse, we were challenged to live above the bar that society has set for women. 

To be more, do more, and exude more. 

At first I was truly overwhelmed by the call. To go from doing regular things to so much more seemed unrealistic, unattainable and mostly undesirable.

I mean if my husband didn't expect all those things from me, why on Earth would I commit to doing them?

Slowly as I resolved to be a women of Virtue, my desire to be  more domestic erupted. So much, that I began baking and purchased the ultimate project creator . . .

A sewing machine. Gasp!

I got it while thrifting for twenty-two bucks! I figured if I spent the money, maybe I would be committed. So my goal is to sew clothes, throw pillows, and so much more. 

I have to admit I'm truly excited!

Wish me luck.

Domesticity here I come.

1 comment: